Thursday 14 December 2006

Japan and its treasures

Japan is a fascinating place for many many reasons. We took the advice of our friendly hotel receptionist and headed for a shop called "TOKYO HANDS" in Shinjuku to look for pegs.

This is just one side of one of the displays of pegs. You can see by my smile that I am a very happy man. There were so many pegs I had to buy a new rucksac to carry them all.

I thought that once we had 'done' Tokyo Hands, that all other branches of that shop would have the same displays ..... but NO!! Different towns and TOTALLY different pegs. One peg, a giant one for holding futons over bamboo poles to air, even had HANDS !!!!

2 comments:

Shiralee said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Good to see you've finally come out of the peg closet into the big www. I've added you to my must reads and I'll put a link on my blog. All the best and many thanks for your good thoughts.

Pegmaniac said...

Thanks Shiralee. It just couldn't have been done without your good example.