Tuesday 1 January 2019

Fame at last !!!


                 "Patience is a virtue,                     
Possess it if you can, 
Seldom found in woman,
Never found in man."


In October 2008 DB & I hired a car with a driver for a week in Sri Lanka.  It was absolutely excellent value and we had wonderful experiences.  We were taken to all the usual tourist sites by a friendly, English speaking driver, and at night we stayed in a variety of accommodations.  On the very last night, we were treated by the tour company to a night at a five star hotel as they had learned of my obsessive collection. They had also set up an interview with the local newspaper. "The Nation".  

Two reporters and a photographer arrived and conducted an extensive interview.  They were amazed by the number of pegs I had collected on this particular trip.  Sri Lanka is not the best place to enable a peg collector to add to his collection, but we had stopped in another, more productive country en route from England to Australia.  In Bangalore, India, I had added at least 40 new pegs to my bulging suitcase so there were plenty of examples for them to see.

Hoping to see the resulting article online, I checked (quite often) when we first arrived at home.  However, there was nothing to see and so I put it to the back of my mind.  I gave up too soon because very recently DB stumbled across the article in the newspaper dated 22nd February 2009.  I had obviously lost patience too soon but thank DB for finally letting me see myself!

If you cannot read the text, just add a comment and if you are interested enough, I will upload a transcript.




No comments: